WELCOME TO THE ROYAL CANADIAN LEGION BRANCH 375!
Your Local Branch 375 in Richmond Hill plays an active role in supporting our living Veterans from WWII and later, and remembering those that have passed on before. Our guiding Mission is to provide resources and advocate on behalf of Veterans and serving personnel who have protected our country and way of life, be it now or in the past.
A few of our notable community contributions throughout the year:
- Annual Poppy Campaign in which we raise funds towards aiding our Veterans
- Providing grants and bursaries for ex-service personnel (eg. sponsoring low-cost housing; wheelchairs, and medical assistance equipment)
- Sponsoring Youth Programs such as the Air Cadets (8 Globemaster and 778 Banshee), Clubs, Scouts, Guides, etc.
- Visits to veterans and members in hospitals and nursing homes to provide comfort and entertainment
- The Legion is here to provide services to veterans and their families. Watch this short video to see the services the Legion provides to our Veterans – The Legion Supports Veterans
- Annual Special Dates of Remembrance
- Sunday before November 11th, Remembrance Parade & Service, on Yonge Street to the Cenotaph commencing at 10:30 a.m.
- November 11th, Remembrance Day, at the Cenotaph on Yonge Street commencing at 10:30 a.m.
In addition to these efforts, we host social events for our members and guests (eg. cards, karaoke, darts, billiards, shuffleboard, darts or simply connecting with friends.)
Watch this short video and consider a Membership in the Royal Canadian Legion – Join the Legion!
Today it is not necessary to be a Veteran of the Canadian/Allied Force or a family member to join the Legion. Your membership goes a long way to helping those who need our help and the community we live in (though you do not have to be a member to come to the legion).
Contact the Legion or a member and ask how you can join or renew your membership.