WELCOME TO THE ROYAL CANADIAN LEGION BRANCH 375!
WE’RE NOW OPEN (AGAIN)!
The Richmond Hill Legion is excited to welcome you back starting Saturday, August 14, 2021! Our bar will be open to patrons, where you will be able to enjoy your drink in our socially distanced hall. More information can be found on our reopening page.
In 2017, we upgraded the North-West corner using the Canada 150 Program. It was jointly financed by the Federal government, the City of Richmond Hill and the Branch itself.
This year, the Ontario Trillium Foundation provided us with an $89,900 grant to upgrade the North-East corner of our parking lot. This would not have been possible without the support from the Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Resilient Communities Fund; our local MPP Daisy Wai; the Hon. Lisa MacLeod – Minister of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries; Silverstone General Contracting; Sure-Seal Pavement; and Innocon Inc.
WHO ARE WE?
Your Local Branch 375 in Richmond Hill plays an active role in supporting our living Veterans from WWII and later, and remembering those that have passed on before. Our guiding Mission is to provide resources and advocate on behalf of Veterans and serving personnel who have protected our country and way of life, be it now or in the past.
A few of our notable community contributions throughout the year:
- Annual Poppy Campaign in which we raise funds towards aiding our Veterans
- Providing grants and bursaries for ex-service personnel (eg. sponsoring low-cost housing; wheelchairs, medical assistance equipment)
- Sponsoring Youth Programs such as the Air Cadets (8 Globemaster and 778 Banshee), Clubs, Scouts, Guides, etc.
- Visits to veterans and members in hospitals and nursing homes to provide comfort and entertainment
- Special dates of Remembrance
- Sunday before November 11th, Remembrance Parade & Service, on Yonge Street to the Cenotaph commencing at 10:30 a.m.
- November 11th, Remembrance Day, at the Cenotaph on Yonge Street commencing at 10:30 a.m.
In addition to these efforts, we host social events for our members and guests (eg. cards, karaoke, darts, billiards, shuffleboard, darts or simply connecting with friends.)
Today it is not necessary to be a Veteran of Canadian/Allied Force or a family member to join the Legion. Your membership goes a long way to helping those that need our help and the community we live in.
Contact the Legion or a member and ask how you can join or renew your membership.